Happy Hump Day!
We wanted to share a couple of our personal tips and tricks when it comes to getting your head in the game and going on that dreaded blind date.
Here are our top 5 best kept secrets:
- Just do it! It’s never going to be as bad as you envision it to be and if nothing else, it’s a free dinner/drink and lord knows we could always use a free dinner/drink. #BrokeBitchProblems.
- Do not, I repeat, DO NOT, throw yourself in front of that bus just to avoid the plans you made during a moment of weakness, no matter how tempting it looks. Don’t be a flake!
- Let your friends know where you’re going and send either a picture or the name of the person you’re going out with — safety first!
- Trust your gut; there’s a difference between nerves and feeling uneasy. Recognize the difference of something feeling off versus the typical butterfly anxious feeling.
- Don’t take things too seriously. First dates are meant to be fun, casual, and a good time. Overthinking them will over complicate the situation and if nothing else, it’s a good story. #DoItForTheBlog.
So there you have it, our top 5 tips and tricks on how to mentally prepare for a first date. You got this!
The Blonde & The Brunette