Happy Humpday Purgators!
A couple Hustle’s ago we talked about what to wear on the first date and after The Brunette watched a video this week about guys makeup preferences for a first date we decided it was necessary to weigh in. Here are our top 5 makeup must-have’s for a first date:
- Eye Shadow: I think a great neutral palette is a must! You can do a great brown smokey eye that shows off the gorgeous colour of your eyes without being too heavy. My latest favourite is the Anastasia Beverley Hills Self-Made palette.
- Brows: As they say, “brows are the window to your face.” They shape you, they define you, they are you. I could never leave the house without my brows done. I use a MAC single eye shadow in the colour ‘espresso.’
- Foundation: I am all about the flawless face. I have a bit of rosacea so I tend to cover that up on a daily basis. I like the Maybelline Dream Velvet foundation, which is a perfect light foundation for a first date.
- Mascara: I literally cannot live without mascara, it is my one guilty pleasure that I will buy in excess, in quantities and over-priced. I love wearing false lashes, however I think for a date a more natural lash is best and the Cover Girl Supersizer gives you that va-va-voom without the glue.
- Lips: I’m all about the nude lip, especially on a first date. Nothing is worse than worrying about if you have red lipstick on your teeth. A ‘your lip but better’ colour is perfect, I have Petal Luster by Sephora which is a perfect pinky nude.
- Brows: Being a blonde means that I have lighter brows so filling them in is a must if I don’t want to look like an albino in photo’s. Nothing is hotter than a blonde with a strong brow (says The Brunette). I use a single eye shadow from MAC, much like The Brunette, in the colour ‘Omega.’
- Eye Liner: If you can rock the wing, do it! Wing liner adds a sultry look and an element of smokey without your whole eye being covered in black. I use Maybelline Eye Studio Liner for a precise line.
- Mascara: Nothing is more appealing to me than a thick brush, I like that volume and that wow factor. Mascara should be a staple in anyone’s makeup routine, date or no date. It opens the eyes and allows whoever you come in contact with to see deep into your soul (which is as black as my mascara). I use MAC False Lashes Waterproof mascara.
- Lips: Much like The Brunette, I like a good nude. If you know one thing about me, when I wear any colour other than nude I ask a million times if there is any lipstick on my teeth. As much as I’d like to ask my date on a minute by minute basis if I have any lipstick on my teeth, it’s probably not the best way to start a romantic encounter. My go-to is Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in the colour Double Dare. Not only does this lipstick look great but it lasts all night.
- Highlight: One word, #HighlightOnFleek. Highlight adds the utmost sex appeal as you’re literally glowing when you wear it. It shows in dim light, bright light and everything in between. I use, Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Opal.
Although it’s never mandatory to wear makeup as it’s a total personal thing, we both happen to be obsessed with makeup #LowKeyHoarding. We believe makeup is an expression of who you are and it’s fair game to wear whatever you feel comfortable wearing on a date.
-The Blonde & The Brunette