Happy Humpday Purgators!
We’ve talked a lot about fuckboys in this blog, whether it’s us dealing with them personally or watching them make their move on people we know – we’d like to think we’re pretty skilled at picking them out of a crowd.
In order to save you time and spare you the inconvenience, here are a few tried and tested ways to spot a classic fuckboy,
- Snapchat chatter: Even though they have your number a fuckboy will still strike up convo on Snapchat and if you call them out on it, they’ll play dumb and act super coy.
- “Let’s chill”: They say they want to chill but never actually make any plans. All talk, no walk.
- “Hey, what’s up?”: Who starts conversation that way?! A fuckboy, that’s who. This is their classic go to line, not only is it unoriginal but it’s nearly impossible to actually keep a conversation going with an opener like that.
- Old school wink: Ugh, the old school winky face. We’re not talking about the emoji wink face, we’re talking ;). Classic fuckboy.
- Excessive compliments/pet names: If he’s calling you “babe”, “cutie”, “honey” or “sweetie”, he’s a fuckboy. If he’s paying you compliment after compliment, again…he’s a fuckboy. Steer clear.
- Self-absorbed: A fuckboy never asks you questions about yourself, it’s all about him and what he can get out of you.
- Weekend warrior: If he texts you on Friday at 9pm or Saturday at 10:30pm – you my friend are talking to a fuckboy.
- Basic name: If his name is something like Chris, Paul, Dan, Jon or Sean – chances are he’s a fuckboy.
Keep these warning signs in your back pocket for the next time you think you might be dealing with a fuckboy – chances are, you are.
-The Blonde & The Brunette