Happy Friday Purgators!
This is something most of us have been asked at one point or another and something most of us have also done. Sending nudes or naughty photos is perfectly acceptable especially in today’s day and age but along with this millennial phenomenon there is a certain unspoken etiquette/cover your ass protocol that goes along with it.
I have compiled a list of my top ten most important tips when it comes to sending risky photos so that you can send dirty pics that are super hot in a safe way.
1. Leave Your Head Out: Rule number one and the most basic rule of sending naughty pics – leave your head out! If the photo ever gets leaked or ends up on the internet it’s best that it doesn’t show up in the top Google results when searching your name. When you leave your face out of the photo you keep some of your privacy in tact, privacy you might just want later down the road.
2. Avoid Filters: One filter is good, maybe change the brightness a bit but there is no need to send a nudie in sepia or black and white – it just looks stupid! I’ve received some over filtered pictures before and always think to myself 1. What are they hiding? and 2. It’s kind of weird that they are taking a naked photo, opening up their photo editor and adding about six filters all while we’re texting back and forth. This leads me to my next point.
3. Know Your Lighting And Angles: Experiment with lighting and angles, the better you know your best angles and where the best lighting is the less you’ll have to filter your photo’s. Trust me, it can be super painful sifting through your phone looking at all the awkward pictures but it’s worth it when you find that gem and learn what works best for next time.
4. Bank The Good Ones: There are days when I’m just feeling myself, in fact we all have those days. This is the opportune time to strip down into your favourite undies and take some sexy photos. Don’t have anyone to send them to? No worries, save them for later. You never know when you’ll be texting that special someone and they ask for a nudie – nothing is better than already having one on hand.
5. Moderation Is Key: One or two photo’s is plenty – remember less is more when it comes to naughty pics, no need to send the same photo just in different underwear every single day.
6. Equality For All: Don’t be the only one sending nudes and if this is the case, STOP! It’s sketchy AF if someone is asking you for naughty pictures and aren’t sending them back. We always say relationships are about balance, give and take, well so is sending nudes. Also be mindful of old flings who strike up conversation out of the blue only to bring up your dirty pictures. If all they’re talking about are your photo’s and nothing else, they most likely just want to grow their photo bank and they’re not worth your time.
7. Save The Nasty Stuff For Snap: There comes a point in a hot and heavy conversation where things go from PG-13 to R. Your text conversations can be saved for later so you might not want to send someone something that would make a porn star blush. My suggestion, move the convo to snapchat, this way you can take things to the next level and have all that incriminating evidence deleted after 10 seconds (20 if they replay it).
8. Only Send To Someone You Trust: I couldn’t decide what order to put point number eight and nine so bear with me as I try to explain. Don’t send nudes to someone you don’t know or someone you get that weird feeling in your stomach with. Establish at least some kind of “relationship” before sending anything you wouldn’t want your mom to see.
9. Seen By Many: Your photo most likely won’t just be seen by the person you sent it to, it’s very common for nudes to be shared among friends, after all – sharing is caring. I can’t tell you how often my girlfriends and I pass around the latest pics we’ve received from guys over wine and girl talk – I mean, that’s just, like, the Rules of Feminism! (said in the voice of Karen from Mean Girls). This is why my number one point is so important, if you leave your face out it’s a little less invasive when your photo is passed around. This is also why you should make sure your pictures are bomb ass, if the recipient is going to be showing his or her buddies you want them to be saying “Damn Daniel” when they see it.
10. No Unsolicited Photo’s: This is mostly directed towards guys. No one likes an unsolicited dick pic! We need to prepare ourselves for that shit. I don’t want to wake up one beautiful Sunday morning only to check my phone and see the close up of your dick you sent me from the night before. Do not send unless asked, I repeat, DO NOT SEND UNLESS ASKED!
I hope these tips come in handy for the next time you send that special someone a nudie and don’t forget through all of it to have fun. “Have fun?!” you may say. Why yes, we are in the prime of our lives, we’re only young once, enjoy it and take advantage of it. Take those pics, love your body, be smart about what you send and who you send it to and have fun with it. You are sexy so get out there and send some nudies!